Cobie Smulders is a former model and actress from Canada. She rose to prominence as Robin Scherbatsky in the popular sitcom “How I Met Your Mother” (2005–2014). Her portrayal of the self-assured and independent Robin gained critical acclaim and a devoted following.
Smulders, born on April 3, 1982, in Vancouver, British Columbia, began her career as a model before turning to acting. She made her television debut in the early 2000s, appearing as a guest on episodes such as “Special Unit 2” and “Jeremiah.” Her performance as Robin Scherbatsky, however, catapulted her to stardom.
Cobie Smulders’ Movies
- “The Avengers” (2012): Smulders plays Maria Hill, a high-ranking S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, in this Marvel superhero flick. She collaborates with the Avengers to defend Earth from an alien invasion commanded by Loki.
- “Delivery Man” (2013): Smulders plays Emma, the girlfriend of the main character, played by Vince Vaughn, in this comedy-drama. The plot centres around a guy who learns that he fathered 533 children due to anonymous donations to a reproductive clinic and decides to become active in their lives.
- “Safe Haven” (2013): In this love drama based on a Nicholas Sparks novel, Smulders plays Carly Jo Wheatley. The plot revolves around a young woman who travels to a tiny coastal village to escape her past, but instead finds love and is forced to confront her secrets when they emerge.
- “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” (2014): In this Marvel flick, Smulders reprises her role as Maria Hill. As Captain America’s faithful ally, she aids him in uncovering a conspiracy within S.H.I.E.L.D. and defeating a dangerous assassin known as the Winter Soldier.
- “Results” (2015): Smulders plays Kat, a personal trainer who falls in love with a newly wealthy client played by Guy Pearce. The film delves into the complexity of relationships and personal development.
- “Unexpected” (2015): Smulders plays Samantha Abbott, a high school teacher who discovers she is pregnant at the same time as one of her students in this indie drama. The film explores into the difficulties and unexpected connections that emerge as a result of their everyday experiences.
- “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back” (2016): In this action thriller, Smulders co-stars with Tom Cruise as Major Susan Turner, a military officer wrongfully convicted of espionage. While being hunted by authorities, they work together to uncover a government plot.
- “Literally, Right Before Aaron” (2017): Allison, the ex-fiancée of the main character, played by Justin Long, is played by Smulders. When the protagonist attends his ex’s wedding, he encounters emotional complexities and unresolved issues.
- “Alright Now” (2018): Smulders plays Joanne Skye, a struggling musician navigating the ups and downs of a post-college life crisis. The film delves into self-discovery, relationships, and following one’s dreams.
- “Spider-Man: Far From Home” (2019): Smulders reprises her role as Maria Hill in this Marvel film set in the MCU. She collaborates with Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) to help Spider-Man battle elemental creatures and uncover the truth behind odd happenings.
- “Avengers: Endgame” (2019): In this dramatic conclusion to the Avengers series, Smulders reprises her role as Maria Hill. As the remaining Avengers work to restore balance to the cosmos, she plays a role in the fight against the ruthless Thanos.
These are just a few of Cobie Smulders’ films. Throughout her career, she has appeared in various other films, demonstrating her flexibility as an actress in various genres. Her performances in these films demonstrate her ability to give her characters depth and sincerity, capturing audiences with her powers.
Cobie Smulders’ TV Shows
- “Veritas: The Quest” (2003): Smulders appeared in several episodes of this adventure drama series. Juliet Droil, a teenage student who becomes embroiled in her father’s archaeological search for ancient relics, was played by her.
- “How I Met Your Mother” (2005-2014): One of Smulders’ most well-known parts is in this long-running sitcom. Throughout the series, she played Robin Scherbatsky, one of the main characters and Ted Mosby’s love interest.
- “How to Make It in America” (2010-2011): Smulders played Rachel Chapman, the love interest of one of the major characters, in this HBO comedy-drama series. The show follows a group of friends as they traverse New York City’s fashion and music scenes.
- “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” (2013-2020): Smulders appeared in this television series as Maria Hill, her character from the Marvel Cinematic Universe movie. Her character was an important S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who worked alongside the major characters.
- “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot” (2016): Smulders reprised her role as Maria Hill in this Marvel Cinematic Universe web series. The show follows the character Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez, and Smulders makes a cameo appearance.
- “Friends from College” (2017-2019): Smulders portrayed Lisa Turner, a successful lawyer and one of the group’s college buddies, in this Netflix comedy series. The show delves into their complicated relationships and the problems they experience as they grow into adults.
- “A Series of Unfortunate Events” (2017-2019): Smulders had a recurrent part in this Netflix version of Lemony Snicket’s famed book series. She played Beatrice Baudelaire, the three main characters’ mother who appears in flashbacks throughout the series.
- “Stumptown” (2019-2020): In this crime drama series based on a graphic novel, Smulders played the central character, Dex Parios. Dex is a determined and capable private investigator in Portland, Oregon, and the series covers her complicated personal and professional life.
Cobie Smulders’ Salary
Cobie Smulders, best known for her role as Robin on “How I Met Your Mother,” earned a good living from her work on the program. According to Celebrity Net Worth, she received $225,000 per episode, for $5 million per season.
Forbes stated in 2014 that she was one of the highest-paid TV actors, making $340,000 every episode, or $10 million for the season. Her pay fluctuated during the show, with different sums mentioned at various points.
Smulders earned a maximum salary of $225,000 for each episode on “How I Met Your Mother,” totaling about $6 million for a single season.
Till Then, keep yourself updated with all the latest news from our website, lighthousejournal.org.
For almost 4 years, Jason Martin has been a freelance writer for newspapers, journals, blogs, books, and online material. He covers the most recent news as well as many other topics.